Friday, October 10, 2008

In Gaol Already!

After pointing out that if they wanted me to appear on stage they would have to pay me as an actor in addition to my production roles, the happy hippies decided that only need my backstage skills.

Now is the time to describe the production, a musical comedy about life in the Old Melbourne Gaol in the 19th century, performed in the Old Melbourne Gaol in the 20th century. The marketing department had found a good snake oil routine and had booked out a three month residence for school audiences. So long as we could get the show on, we were in the money!

So I spent a couple of weeks learning about things in Melbourne, no help from the company they were all to busy rehearsing to do anything but demand more props and more costumes; followed by "O sorry, that's lovely but we've decided that we don't need that after all." 

You can imagine some of my thoughts when they said they wanted me to make the gallows operational again....

No comments: