Friday, October 10, 2008

Slow Hands Join Slow Dusty

I needed help, there is no doubt about it.

 I asked the collective - I was not made a temporary member ; if unemployed teens for a production team could be found. I was given a couple of strong lads from a home for the  intellectually diverse. We built a scaffold stage through the gaol, rigged stage lights, painted sets all without interrupting the public too much. The lads were nice guys, extremely helpful, very literal and delighted to be part of something as fun as putting on a show.

The only thing we didn't do ourselves was run the lighting 3 phase power from street to building. That was installed in one of the ground floor cells. A row of these on the southern side contained death masks of those executed on the premises. A greatest hits of the noose.

I had to do research about how to drop a dummy through a gallows three times a day

I now understood more than I wanted too about gallows humour. Luckily the lads just got on with the task of making the gallows safely unusable day to day.

No comments: